Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Puppy' s Dream


Image taken from http://frecklescassie.wordpress.com/2007/05/31/puppies-at-the-white-house/


Story behind this short story: In class, we were asked to choose an animal to write a short story on. We had to step into this animal's shoes and pretend to see what they see, feel what they feel, describe their environment the way THEY would describe it from their point of view, etc. I decided to write this short story about what puppies would dream about.....


One night I dreamed a dream that just tickled me pink!

I dreamed that I grew to be as big as my Dad. I could smell and taste delicious meats. I could do almost anything I wanted!

In my dream, a man in a blue suit and hat with a bag full of papers walked up to the front gate. He didn't look too friendly, so I gave him a ferocious bark.

The man jumped back in fright. The loud bark scared memyself. Though of course, I must remember, I have grown up.

A sly grin appeared on my face. I barked again.

The man turned ghostly white. He fumbled with his bag, placed apiece of paper through the gate and ran for his life.

I felt victorious. I took a piece of paper in my mouth and lumbered into the house.

The lady who owned me took it from my mouth and said "Thank you" in her sweet voice.

Later on in the day, a creature with pointy ears and long whiskers sneaked into the yard. I decided to play a little trick. I took a deep breath, and in my most ferocious voice I cried, "WOOF!"

"MEEOOW!" shrieked the creature, and went tearing out of the yard.

I felt very pleased.

Yes, I enjoyed being in the life of a grown-up, but I had to come back to reality, when I woke up to find my mother licking my face.

1 comment:

princess maleiha bajunaid candao said...

Very cute article showing the good helpful side of you. I could sense you to be successful in your chosen career in the future for your manners are gentle and well-bred. God bless you my friend. Keep writing. :)